a text message dialogue
me, 5:24pm: "hey-got your message-sunday not good unfortunately-hopefully we can catch up soon"
him, 5:35 pm "ok speak soon"
him, 5:50 pm "how about dinner tonight?"
me, 5:53 pm "already have plans...sorry" (i did-co-worker's b-day drinks after work)
him, 5:54 pm "no prob. you're popular!" (and another co-worker said i shoulda texted back "and you're not")
i cannot believe i am saying this...but may derek actually be right about something?
6 shout-out(s):
Hahaha... SEE??? INTEREST!
Now I sorta feel ball is in your court, tho.
one thing not mentioned-he had asked me out for sunday-but just over to his place. call me old-fashioned, but something felt a little "off" about that, as we had not really gone out once, barely knew each other, etc... (i wasn't the only one that got that vibe)
yeah derek-ball is in my court. see what happens.
also derek-what you were right about was that it was "off" to ask someone out last-minute on a friday night. jury's still out on if he is honestly interested.
The answer to these type of questions is: "No. Not free tonight." Then, if interested, "But I am free on X." He's just trying to feel out if you're interested while giving you an out if you're not.
. . . but, I would be on the lookout to make sure that he is capable of making advance plans sometimes and isn't, as SL says, "disorganized."
hey miss popularity!
I say no games
just give him a chance
have fun
Yeah what Jon said. For some reason I wasn't thinking he was talking about Friday night ... It is a little odd that this guy thinks it's somehow remarkable that a pretty girl would have made plans for a Friday night by Friday-day. And yeah I also agree Flygirl it's pretty odd to invite a girl you barely know back to your apartment, even if only for coffee.
Post a Comment