time off for good behavior
So I was surprised last nite at my PT appointment, where she said that I really didn't need to come back, that I have made good enough progress!! Surprised, since that was only my 4th visit, and the doc had prescribed 6 weeks, 2-3x a week. I just need to keep stretching and icing, which I can definitely do on my own. And I'll probably visit the sports doc again to confirm that all is well with that leg...
Now, I just need a game plan for building back up. I do intend to incorporate more cross-training this time around-after all, if that was what contributing to this injury recovery progressing faster than expected, then I was obviously doing something right!! (In addition to other benefits-I can now do push-ups without needing to be on my knees for the first time in god knows how long...and a lot of tightness in my legs has gone away.)
I think I will celebrate with a 15-minute easy treadmill run at the gym later :)
6 shout-out(s):
Build up slowly so as not to regress. But, you know this.
yep...i've been down this road before (no pun intended!)
Congrats - glad to hear that the recovery is going well and ahead of schedule. Keep up the stretching on a regular basis to make sure this doesn't happen again.
yessir-I intend to! :)
happy to hear you're recovering! what kind of cross-training are you looking to do? maybe some swimming?
Most likely, just fitting in some spinning and yoga. Swimming is, unfortunately not the most convenient workout for me...
Post a Comment