on the road again
Central Park and I are getting along just fine now. :) I've worked my way up to the middle 4 and lower 5-the latter done today in 60+ degree weather...was quite nice to be running in mid-February wearing shorts and short-sleeves!! And saw 3 Flyers also taking advantage of a day off and nice weather running in the opposite direction.
No pain at all whatsoever-nice!! (Of course, I've been a good little girl and have stretched before and after.) Endurance-wise, my legs are feeling fine. The hills are another story, I think I may need to get myself re-hill trained. Pace for the effort still faster than before, which I'm still kinda sorta confused about, considering the last couple times I started running again after a hiatus. Right now, I'm taking it to mean that I was overtraining before, and maybe I do better with less mileage and more cross-training.
Unfortunately, this means I currently have no concept of pace, and what I should/shouldn't be doing. I'll use Saturday as a benchmark of sorts (not an all-out effort, just to see "where I'm at")-I plan to use the Colon Cancer 4-miler next month as more of a race effort-the 15K is a club points race, but I don't think I'd be up to that distance just yet. Plus I'll just do my thing, then cheer on the rest of my teammates :)
I guess I sorta feel like my "old self" is back-but no getting cocky this time!! Train smarter, keep up the cross-training and stretching. Obviously I was doing something right this time...
1 shout-out(s):
hey, happy to hear you were out enjoying the great weather yesterday!
regarding your faster pacing, perhaps you did just need a break after all. sometimes stepping away for a bit can refresh your legs - especially if you've fallen into the trap of overtraining.
Post a Comment