Sunday, March 08, 2009

off-season, in-season

oops, another week has gone by and no other posts. well, at least it was a relatively low-drama week. (and thanks again for those of you who left me comments, both on and off the blog.)

with the exception of the weather!! i was very happy to dial the IWH (inclement weather hotline) on Monday and find out that the office was closed due to the snow. But apparently, since I didn't check my email, I didn't know until the next day that I was supposed to be online and accessable. Oops.

Running-wise, did feel a little "off-season" in a way. 5K pace/effort is 7:30-7:40 as opposed to 7:15-7:20, etc. Which was demonstrated by Cherry Tree and a track workout last month. However, a workout this past week that included 5K paced-timed pickups was a bit faster than that. Maybe off-season is coming to an end sooner than I thought!! But then again, as I said to JS when we were discussing the workout post mortem...maybe it was the whole "ignorance is bliss" thing...like I just know the effort even if i dont know the pace/distance til afterwards, as opposed to the track where you are locked into "x:xx per lap" At any rate, I do have definitely 1, possibly 2 short races on the horizon before Cherry Blossom-I figure I need to test things out on a more traditional distance (and without that killer Prospect Park hill!)

And these last 3 days were such a nice spring teaser...or hopefully a preview of what will be sticking around in about 2 weeks or so!! I celebrated by breaking out the running skirts for both yesterday's long run and today's shorter run :) The park was absolutely mobbed, but the park drive time was minimal yesterday...and stuck to the bridle path today (yay for it being runnable again in record time after a snowstorm!)

And today was a "spring forward" day...yay for it being light enough after work to run on the bridle path now!! Though it was tough to lose the hour of sleep...as I didn't get home last nite til after the time changed...so didn't get til sleep til about 3:30-4!! Blame the fact that wine (especially riesling!) is just so damn easy to drink...needless to say, my run didn't happen til mid-afternoon. Such a waste of a nice day...

And for my token reality TV mention-The Bachelor. The finale this week brought a whole new meaning to "most dramatic rose ceremony ever."

One final note-I have decided on what my fall marathon will be!! It will be revealed next month, but I will keep the poll up in the meantime for fun :)

2 shout-out(s):

The Laminator Monday, March 09, 2009 8:59:00 AM  

Glad you had a good week! Let's hope the good weather sticks around and we wouldn't have to deal with any more white stuff until next winter!

Cris Monday, March 09, 2009 2:12:00 PM  

Yeah, the time change totally whammied my Sunday, too. I like the extra hour of daylight at the end of the day, too.

Post a Comment

Follow Me...

Search This Blog

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP