Sunday, April 23, 2006

what have i done...

ok...so between your comments and looking at some inspiring photos...my arm was virtually twisted.

just claimed my spot for November 5th. no turning back now.

now the 2 challenges are as follows:

1. getting to the start line uninjured, and in one piece.
2. having the time to train (as work looks to be ruining my summer once again.)

this will be...interesting, i guess...

now playing: "just like that" ~ amber

14 shout-out(s):

Brooke Monday, April 24, 2006 12:24:00 AM  

ohh, me too. I would love a Lance Armstrong autograph.

Derek Monday, April 24, 2006 12:27:00 AM  

Flygirl, where's your bravado? You're going to crush this race, run it right into the ground. Neither work nor rain nor injuries will stop you ... I have faith.

nyflygirl Monday, April 24, 2006 12:45:00 AM  

snowflake-don't feel guilty at all about today, if the number of finishers is any indication, a lot of people had the same thought you did. besides, the year's still young. good luck to ya :)

aaron and jk-oh yeah, if i see lance at the expo, i'll be sure to have him autograph my yellow bracelet (yes i got one, long after it became trendy)

derek-oh boy, so much that i can't write here. but let's just say i heard the words "say goodbye to your personal life"...i'll need all the support and ass-kicking i can get.

Cris Monday, April 24, 2006 1:01:00 AM  

Woo-hoo! Partay in NY Nov 5!

Liam Monday, April 24, 2006 3:26:00 AM  

I won't be there on Nov 5th to cheer (only in spirit), but I will be in town the following week, so you can tell me all about it as you celebrate.

Work/Life Balance is Vital - You'll get through, we'll support you.

Thomas Monday, April 24, 2006 4:43:00 AM  

So, you've finally take the plunge. Don't worry, it's not as bad as they say it is (revisionist history working here).

Good luck with the training. If work starts interfering, it's usually a good idea to run in the morning.

Phil Monday, April 24, 2006 6:56:00 AM  

Glad you signed up! The crazy person cheering for you in Bay Ridge will be me.

Bridges Runner Monday, April 24, 2006 8:46:00 AM  

Excellent! Just run run run:) As mentioned previously, it becomes vital to utilize the morning run route...

And I'll be up in Harlem come Nov. 5th cheering:)

Cristin Monday, April 24, 2006 9:31:00 AM  

I just found your blog (doing some cruising to see if I can really commit to a half marathon in september)-- I can't wait to read your updates! Kick some ass....

Madame La Blog Monday, April 24, 2006 10:55:00 AM  

BONJOUR!!!!!

Ahem. I see the emotional rollercoaster has not slowed in my absence. :-)

Well congrats on signing up for NYCM.

Technically, if you ran 15 miles on 4/16, you could probably run a marathon next week and finish...somewhat respectably I might add. Of course that would be a suboptimal approach but, ummm....my first solo marathon was under those exact conditions and I was exactly your age too!

So just don't do any fool stuff like running all too fast and you wont get re-injured....as far as personal life, ummmmmmmm I'd say a long run with friends is like a night in a bar minus the hangover.

Buckle up baybeeeee! it's gonna be a great ride!!!

Skylight Monday, April 24, 2006 1:28:00 PM  

And I'll be right there cheering you on at mile 18, with your favourite Power Gel!

nyflygirl Monday, April 24, 2006 3:55:00 PM  

holy crap, a girl has to go to work for a few hours and all hell breaks loose in the comments section :)

oh yes, i am a big believer of having a good work/life balance. not everyone agrees with that concept though, if you know what i mean ;) but oh yeah, i'm gonna have to bite the bullet and get back to 6:15 am runs like i used to do...especially when it gets hot out!

madame-bonjour right back atcha. :) like the emotional rollercoaster *ever* ends with me! just call me the Carrie Bradshaw of the running blog world-except with Asics instead of Manolos. :)

Skylight-thanks-and you may want to rebel and wear your Flyers singlet instead of the PowerGel shirt...i heard that was a great help to someone last year who really needed to see those red diamonds at that point ;)

Beanie Monday, April 24, 2006 9:46:00 PM  

yay - exciting news =)
I'll be cheering you on from the sidelines in LIC. can't wait!

nyflygirl Tuesday, April 25, 2006 8:34:00 AM  

yelibs-oh. no. you. di'int. you just had to mention him. well i guess i'll just have to outrun him ;) as for white vs. red...well you know all those reports that say that red is the color of winners :)

Post a Comment

Follow Me...

Search This Blog

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP