Wednesday, April 16, 2008

10-mile dress rehearsal

nope, didn't run 10 miles at speedwork!! but did 3 x 1.05 miles (1.05 mi=5 laps of the Great Hill track) at 10-mile pace. Which was honestly a perfect workout for me with Broad Street in 2 1/2 weeks. The McMillan calculator suggested a 10-miler at an 8:10 pace based on my last 4-mile race...so tried to aim for that, give or take and wound up with this...

1st "mile"
8:31 (8:05 pace)
2nd "mile"
8:28 (8:02 pace)
3rd "mile"
8:15 (7:50 pace)
TimePaceTimePaceTimePace
1:438:091:438:091:407:54
1:407:541:428:051:397:50
1:438:091:417:591:407:54
1:438:091:417:591:407:54
1:428:041:417:591:377:40

Not bad, right? And no being the rabbit this time too. :)

In other news, I finally got my March Madness payout!! A cool $150. Of course, I would have gotten $350 had I only picked Memphis over UCLA to make the final...but still, $150 is nothing to sneeze at!! :)

2 shout-out(s):

ShoreTurtle Friday, April 18, 2008 11:32:00 PM  

I'm looking forward to Broad Street. Have you run it before? It's one of my favorite races. This will be my third year.

nyflygirl Saturday, April 19, 2008 10:38:00 AM  

I hadn't run it before, but heard very good things about the race, I had never done a 10-mile race before, I wanted to do a non-NYRR race this spring so why not? :) I'm definitely looking forward to it as well!!

Post a Comment

Follow Me...

Search This Blog

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP