Saturday, July 26, 2008

understatement of the century



And in other breaking news, the sky is indeed blue.

All joking aside-good luck to all who are running the NYC Half tomorrow!! I hope to make it out to do some cheering...

On the topic of half-marathons...anyone else see this article in the NY Times yesterday? Great to see half-marathons getting their due respect...can 5Ks, 10Ks and 10-milers be far behind?

4 shout-out(s):

Anonymous Saturday, July 26, 2008 12:09:00 PM  

Thats pretty funny!!

Laura Saturday, July 26, 2008 12:18:00 PM  

I'm serving as a course marshall somewhere in the southern part of the park. Here's my question: if everyone will be out of the park by 9, why does my shift go until noon? Hoping it means I can leave early and go back to bed, since I have to be at NYRR at 4:30.

nyflygirl Saturday, July 26, 2008 4:26:00 PM  

hey laura-they say the same thing for other start-related volunteer tasks (e.g., marshalling the start corrals.) methinks that they just put the same time for all? who knows! i would think you wouldn't have to stick around until noon though...have fun marshalling!! :)

runner26 Sunday, August 03, 2008 4:07:00 PM  

hahahahahaha! thanks for the laugh! I thought the same thing when i saw that sign...but perhaps they take liberties when it comes to defining relative terms such as "crowded"...

Post a Comment

Follow Me...

Search This Blog

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP