Tuesday, March 20, 2007

new traffic guidelines?

Have there been new traffic guidelines set in NYC for pedestrians and bikers last time I checked?

Is it now OK for bikers to run right into pedestrians while the pedestrian had the right of way-meaning having the walk signal?

(ok, I did have the iPod on and didn't hear the biker honking, but that should be a non-issue because he did NOT have right of way. or so I thought.)

I'm OK, just a little shaken and very pissed off. Like this week is not going bad enough...

6 shout-out(s):

Bridges Runner Tuesday, March 20, 2007 4:53:00 PM  

oh, you didn't get that memo? Always look for a bike!

nyflygirl Tuesday, March 20, 2007 5:25:00 PM  

sempre-oh believe me, i know i wasn't completely in the right by having the iPod on (and i didnt even think it was that loud!) but i have had other shares of close calls with bikers even when I dont have the headphones on...

uptown girl-if i did get the memo, it must have gotten lost in the shuffle with all the other memos and emails i have received this week...

Anonymous Tuesday, March 20, 2007 6:08:00 PM  

You definitely had the right of way!....this happens to me almost every day....was it a chinese food delivery boy on a Schwinn?
And you need a smartini :)

nyflygirl Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:02:00 PM  

after the day i had, i think i need something more potent...

brunettechicagogal Tuesday, March 20, 2007 11:07:00 PM  

Those delivery guys are hell on wheels. I was almost killed multiple times when I lived on the UES.

I hope you're OK. Do be careful when wearing an iPod -- they can distract you from your surroundings big-time, which isn't so bad when you're sitting on the subway or bus. But whe you're walking down the street, wearing one can make you a prime target not only for errant bikers, but also for pickpockets and other hooligans.

Quinto Sol Wednesday, March 21, 2007 2:11:00 PM  

To echo SL's comment, if you could not hear the bike honk zee ipod was TOO loud... the other drawback is that you may end up injuring your eardrum; studies have shown, blah, blah, blah... Okay, I'll shut up now :-)

Happy running...

Post a Comment

Follow Me...

Search This Blog

  © Blogger templates 'Sunshine' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP